Monday, October 18, 2010

Jack O’Punkins

Yesterday, a few friends came over to carve pumpkins.  Mary and I were pretty happy about this, since we had bought a few pumpkins to carve, but weren’t really sure when we were going to get around to actually doing it.  So, by inviting other people over to partake, we kind of forced our own hand.

They had to go out and buy their own, because we didn’t have enough, but it was well worth it.  We had a good time, and afterwards we went out for Mexican food.  I had enmoladas, and it really made me want to try making Molé – a Mexican sauce made with chocolate.  So good.

Anyway, here are some pictures of our creations. (click for full size!)

 

Jeff

I’m not sure if Jeff set out to carve himself into a pumpkin, but that’s pretty much what he did.
The eyes are pumpkin seeds!

HEY SMILE FOR THE CAMERA OR SOMETHING  Blaaauugh Jeff

 

Kelsey

Kelsey carved out a picture of an owl.  I think the owl looks surprised, maybe confused.  It probably saw some Rats of Nimh scurrying around, thinking they own the place.

OMG CHEESE 

 

Lauren

Lauren stenciled out a spiderweb.  Looks super cool.  I always liked spiderweb pumpkins.  Super Halloweenie.  Here it is, lit up next to Kelsey’s owl:

SMILE SO BIG So Halloweenie.

 

Joe

Joe drew out and carved the Crazy Monkey logo!  I think it turned out great. 

CHEDDAR EVEN Craz
**Note:  as of today, it has caved in, and the logo has fallen inside the pumpkin.  Oh well.  You know the saying – Rome did fall in a day, you know.  Or something.

 

Mike

Mike skipped out before we could get a picture of him with his finished pumpkin (I think), but here are the faces of his pumpkin, anyway:
That’s Harry Potter, Voldemort, Mad-Eye Moody, and some sticks.  I like to think of them as wands.

 IMAG0858 IMAG0866 IMAG0867 IMAG0868

 

Mary

Mary carved a cat into her pumpkin!  She drew the design herself, and cut it out.  Super cute.

Super cute. Kit Kat

 

Tim

I did a robot!  I drew it on there and cut it out, and I left some areas just shaved down, so they’re translucent, but still solid.  He’s the sort of wonky robot that has arms coming off his body at awkward angles.  Maybe that’s why he’s so angry.

I'm stopping this smiling nonsense. BZZT.

And here are all of them together!  I hope they last the two weeks till Halloween.

Best front step.

**Although I guess now we know that Joe’s won’t…

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pumpkins!

    I have a good recipe for chicken mole. I'd be happy to pass it along if you haven't yet chosen a recipe to go with your mole craving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Send it my way. I have looked at a few recipes already, but I like to have several to go from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pumpkins! You all are so creative!

    ReplyDelete