I don’t want to call these “turtles”, really, because I don’t think they’re quite there. But really, they’re turtles. So that’s probably what I’ll call them in the recipe list. And they kind of look more like turtles than other turtles. I don’t know.
And since there are quite literally thousands of recipes for these on the internet already, I’m not sure it really matters.
This is really just a quick recipe to get my back on my cooking feet. Summer is hard. Too many (or too little) things to get in the way of serious blogging.
Anyway, let’s get started! Only a few more lines of text before we’re clear of the opening picture, so we’ll get going very soon.
YOU WILL NEED:
(On a different recipe, someone put “circular chocolate-covered caramel candies”. Let’s be frank, people.)
- walnut halves
YOU WILL NEED TO:
- Get your oven hot. Around 325 or 350 should do it.
- Dump about half of the bag of pretzels onto the cookie sheet. Spread them around!
- Place a Rolo on top of each pretzel.
- Put them in the oven. Like 5 minutes. Seriously, not long.
- Take them out, and squish the Rolos down a bit with a walnut half.
- Let cool. Put in the fridge for about an hour if you want them to firm up.
- Eat. Eat eat eat.
Makes as many as you want – there are a lot of pretzels in one bag, so you can use however many. I ran out of Rolos before anything else, so let that be what determines how many of these you can make.
Salty/sweet combinations are always a good thing – especially when chocolate’s involved. These are so easy to make, but everyone loves them. See? We’re not so sophisticated. Plus, you can switch things up. There are lots of different shapes of pretzels, you can swap out the walnuts for other nuts or candies – you could use pretzels dipped in white chocolate for the base. So many options. SNACK ACCOMPLISHED.