Monday, August 15, 2011

Super Party

So every year (for the past 8, anyway) Chicago comedy group Big Dog Eat Child (have I mentioned them?) has hosted Super Party at the Ashbary Coffee House in Willow Springs, IL (basically Chicago). So this year, I decided that Ad Liberation should invite themselves to perform (another parenthesis!)!

Jeez, what an introduction. To rephrase that mess, we performed at Super Party this past weekend! (Neither “this” nor “last” sounded right before “weekend”, since it’s both already and only Monday.)

Well, we sort of performed. Matt and I were the only ones that could make it. So we cobbled together an IMPROV SUPER GROUP from THREE DIFFERENT GROUPS and lots of BOLDNESS.

And we called ourselves Craz Factoration! Our lineup was Lauren and Tom (The Crazy Monkeys), Will and Shauvon (Factory Dinosaur), and Matt and I (Ad Liberation). And if I could be so bold as to say we rocked the house, I would say that we rocked the house. (We rocked the house.)

But!

I am getting ahead of myself a bit, because I am a responsible blogger, and I would like to keep things in at least some semblance of chronological order here. SO, let’s talk talk. And because I sort of feel that this post is long enough, I’ll try to be brief (tee-hee).

In Chicago!

Shauvon's building! Not Shauvon's building! Sandwiched!

S(t)inkhole!

Really deep thing that I drove into and back out of!

Awesome picture! Of a tall guy!

Really awesome picture!

Green Room Rockers album!

Local Lafayette band whose album I found in a record shop.

Nerd Games!

Battlestar!

Hailstorm!

Hailstorm!

Funny hat!

And also Will!

Practice at The Second City! Super Awesome!

It's the top sign!

Matt tried Malört!

Before face! After face!

Terrible Soda!

Worse than Malört!

Now, somewhere in there between practicing at Second City and the bottle of Malört, we drove to the Ashbury and performed. And man did that show feel good. We practiced our format several times with this group to make sure we were ready – including once right before the show – and it really paid off. Big Dog should be posting the video sometime soon, at which point we’ll download it and post it up on our website. I am excited for you to see it – the crowd was awesome, and the energy was really incredible. Stuff was happening. And overall, the show didn’t get (too) inappropriate! Maybe a little, but not too bad. The Ashbary is sort of a hipster-metal type coffee shop (it has a bar upstairs in the venue, so… yeah. That.), so we went with the vibe we got.

And I got no pictures of the actual show or during the show or anything. Oh well. THIS WAY IT’S MYSTERIOUS.

We also got to hang out with Will and Shauvon and Shauvon’s garlfriend Alyson (she’s up in that picture), the latter two of whom were kind enough to let all of us crash at their place for two nights, putting them out considerably. They also have a really adorable three-legged cat named (Sm)Elliot who I did not get a picture of because I am the worst but who I did hold because I am the best.

Oh! And we also got to guest star in an episode of The Expert(MAHAPTE)Cast! You can find it (soon) and other episodes on their website, or you can search for them on iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment