Monday, March 7, 2011

On The Up And Up

Holy cow, it has been a while. A whole month! And maybe a day more than that. I am the worst blogger.

I haven’t cooked in a while. I mean, I haven’t cooked anything new in a while. I promise to remedy that soon. Not saying how soon makes that a very easy promise to keep.

I’m also going to write a blog about cast iron cooking, because it is awesome. A few weeks ago, my friend Andrew and I deep fried some curly fries in a cast iron dutch oven, and a good time was had by all. It was during 24-hour blog day, actually.

I mostly wanted to crack my blogging block I’ve had ever since I spent an entire day at it. Maybe that’s the downside. Maybe I’ve been busy (I have been a bit busy).

Ad Liberation had auditions last month, and they went really well. Only three people came, but they were three pretty talented people to whom we decided to extend the offer of membership. Unfortunately one has since moved to Tucson, Arizona (actually he is currently in the process – might be in Texas by now though) to work for TI, so that’s a bummer, but at least he has a job – not always a given thing.

We had our first practice yesterday with the new guys, and it went pretty well. Things are still a bit rough around the edges, but we are getting there. We have another show lined up – in April at the Monticello Public Library. Check the website for more deets.

Well, at least the giant long February bloglist is finally cleared from the left side to make room for March. Mission accomplished. Sorry for the boring post – I’ll do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment