Sunday, February 6, 2011

24HBD #17: Were it Were

Mad high school picture editing skillz!So in the previous post, we were celebrating our mediocrity.  Now we have been asked to despair in it.  Someone/Something I’ve always wished I was?

Ever since high school ended, I’ve wished I was in a band – and not the cool kind.  Not the kind that earns you millions and gets you the chicks.  I’m not interested in the millions or the chicks.

I miss the driving beats, the thump from the timpani you feel throughout your whole body.  I miss being part of a musical machine.  I miss bouncing back and forth while the tubas play “hey baby”.  I miss the wall of sound. 

Like I said in the Christmas post for some reason, I recently took my saxophone out of its case and played a few things on it.  I was surprised at how easily it came back.  Of course I wouldn’t have the same stamina as I had when I practiced every day, but all the notes came out.  My fingers moved almost on their own.

It felt soooooo good to play that thing again.

So that’s what it is.  I miss being a part of a band.  I miss the Christmas songs, I miss the pop covers, I miss playing classic rock adaptations during halftime.  I miss sitting in the orchestra pit and not actually seeing a single musical during high school.  I miss it more than I think I understand.

Not sure how to end this one.  I’m not going to resolve to join a community band or anything, because I don’t know if there is one, and I don’t think I’d go through with it.  Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment