Saturday, September 3, 2011

24HBD #3: What My Life Would Be Like Without Computers

KRAAAAAANG

The majority of my time is spent on my computer. I’m quite proud of my computer. It’s one of my most prized possessions (along with my new watch, gumball machine, Charlotte the Cat, my wife, and the sweet shoes I got at the mall a couple of weeks ago).

On an extremely related note, the pictures I have of my computer when I first put it together and turned it on make me realize how dusty my house is, and how much of that dust has worked its way into my computer. It used to be so clean!

Anyway, I am going to approach this topic as if, by “without computers” it means “I am suddenly unable to use them”. The other way to go about it would be to assume that I live in an age without computers, in which case I would assume that my life would be very pastoral. Boring, even.

If I was suddenly unable to computer, I would have to come up with innovative mechanical solutions to everyday niceties. I would probably be always bugging my wife (one of my prized possessions, remember) to check my email for me. It would be kind of like that one time I didn’t have a cell phone until I was a sophomore in college, except back then I still at least had a computer, so I could be at least up to date on things on a day-to-day basis.

Communication would be more difficult. I wouldn’t be able to Facebook or Plussy-do Google thing, or listen to things on 8tracks.com. Look at all that promo!

I would have to play TF2 in real life. Changing classes would be more difficult, because I’d have to get into a new costume each time, and waiting until I died to do so would take forever – unless I was super brave all the time. But I might get reincarnated as a bug or something, and even if I come back as a human I would still have to wait about 20 years before respawning.

NOM NOM N- AAAAAAUGH

Who am I kidding? I’d just be scout every time. Clearly the best.

Probably the biggest downer I’d have from not being able to computer would be not being able to tell people how awesome my computer is. Seriously. Look at it. Bask.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment