Sunday, September 4, 2011

24HBD#24–I Wish Someone Had Told Me...

  • That I would wish, at 24, that I had learned how to play piano as a kid.
  • How little my profession seems to matter to my government.
  • How much of an impact improv would have on my life, so that I may have started it sooner – and continued it sooner.
  • How much friends would come to mean to me.
  • How awesome it is to spend every day with your best friend.
  • How cheesy that last one would sound.
  • Not to be so meta in this blog post.
  • They’d bet money against me doing home improvement projects.
  • That I’d won the lotto.
  • That country music is the worst.
  • That nothing is really as awkward as I think it is.
  • That friends are important in high school, too.
  • That personal insecurities and social awkwardness aren’t real reasons for not reaching out and helping someone feel better.
  • That online courses are 100x more stressful than in-person courses.
  • How to apply for student loans.
  • That I really don’t need to worry about what anyone thinks of me.
  • That I only need to worry about what one person thinks of me.
  • That I’d finish the second 24-hour blog day over two hours behind the original schedule.
  • That even so, it won’t matter because you’re gonna do a good job anyway.
  • To stop typing things.
  • To seriously, cut it out.

2 comments:

  1. actually, I think I did try to get you to take piano lessons, knowing that one day you'd wish you knew how to play because EVERYONE should know how to play the piano, even if it's just a bit.

    I'm really missing my piano. I've perused Craig's list now and again, just to see what's out there.

    ReplyDelete