Saturday, September 3, 2011

24HBD2 #1: How To Make The Food You Eat The Most

Is it a salad?

 

All right! Off to a good start with a recipe. My kind of blog.

I had to think for a bit to pick the thing that I eat the most often. I eat chili fairly regularly – in the fall/winter, but not other parts of the year. I do eat Ramen noodles a lot, but that would be boring.

Then I realized that I eat pretty much the exact same thing for lunch every day: a turkey wrap.

So here’s how to make my favorite lunch item: a pepper turkey wrap.

Sorry about the pictures – some of them are slightly blurry. I was in a hurry. I only had an hour!

YOU WILL NEED:

  • 1 whole wheat sandwich wrap (I like FlatOut)
  • 2 slices muenster cheese
  • deli pepper turkey – as much as you want to eat in one sitting
  • a nice mix of lettuce – I like the “spring herbs” mix from the grocery store. It has arugula, baby spinach, mustard greens, cilantro, and a few other types of lettuce and herbs.
  • Miracle Whip
  • spicy brown mustard
  • horseradish

Everything you need! Except for lettuce. I forgot the lettuce.

YOU WILL NEED TO:

  1. Lay out the wrap – spread on some miracle whip, and lay down the two slices of cheese.
    Monster cheese! 
  2. Spread some horseradish on the cheese.
    Horseradish: miracle condiment.
  3. Now comes your turkey!
    Peppered turkey: king of turkeys.
  4. Now add as much lettuce as you can fit on the thing. Don’t be shy – this makes the wrap! (well, the horseradish and mustard make the wrap for me, but this makes the wrap appropriately healthy.)
    You just added a salad to your wrap. HEALTH FOOD ACCOMPLISHED.
  5. Add the mustard, then roll it up! I use a knife to smash the lettuce and things down into the wrap as I roll – otherwise it’s kind of unwieldy.
    Package deal.
  6. To take this to school, I wrap it up in wax paper, then in plastic wrap so it doesn’t unroll. My coworkers make fun of me at lunch, but they’re just jealous.
    All wrapped up with no place to go. wrap tastic.

So there you have it! The thing I eat the most, and how to make it so it can become the thing you eat the most. EAT IT THE MOST.

No comments:

Post a Comment