Saturday, September 3, 2011

24HBD #5: Write a Blog From The Perspective of Your Favorite Fictional Character

J StrangeLord Clancey III
Penfold Manor
#6 Charleton Way
London, England

To the Respectable Lord Clancey,

Having received your correspondence regarding the care and use of the Common South Wales Pixie, I can only respond with speculation, as the capture and subsequent care of these creatures is something I have had as of yet no personal experience with.

Your question, however, reminds me of a particularly intricate spell written down in Percifold Hargrave’s Of The Tameing of Magickle Creatures and the Dangers Therein in which he describes in great detail the methods with which to hypnotize the much rarer Red Pixie, which unfortunately have not been seen or written about in any capacity since the late twelfth century. Though hypnotization was not, I surmise, your original intent, I do believe his methods could be adapted to fit your particular situation.

Unfortunately, I am afraid this is the entirety of the assistance I am able to provide at the moment, however I will research the matter further and alert you if I find anything worth conveying. It would, in addition, do you well to find a copy of Hargrave and thoroughly study it, though obtaining texts of magick has been quite difficult in recent times.

I do hope this letter has found you well, and I look forward to future correspondence with your lordship.

Respectfully yours,

Jonathan Strange

No comments:

Post a Comment